Thank you to our Aut2Run Sponsors and Participants! Our 2nd Annual charity race on 4-6-14 at CSU Channel Islands was amazing and you helped us raise over $105.000 gross! All funds stay right here in Ventura County to support local families, kids and adults living with Autism. Donations can still be made on this website or by mailing a check made out to ASVC to PO Box 1558, Camarillo, CA 93011. Thank you!
iCan Shine Bike Camp Flyer - July 7 – July 11 – Register NOW before all the spots are filled. Thank you to PV Rec and Park and CRPD for coordinating this wonderful opportunity for kids to learn to ride 2 wheel bikes!
Thank you to Future Horizons for organizing this great conference on April 25th! ASVC had a booth at the event and we enjoyed hearing all the wonderful speakers, including Dr. Grandin.
(Click image at left to go to website)
THANK YOU TO Dr. Dan Rossignol for spending October 19th with us in the FREE SEMINAR we hosted called “Autism is TREATABLE.”
We all learned so much! Dr. Rossignol is a world-renowned researcher and medical practitioner who has two children with Autism.
Annual “Awesome in Autism” 2014 AWARDEES
- Individual of the Year / Aut2Run Grand Marshall – Jeremy Catama, Thousand Oaks
- Parent of the Year – Patricia Puentes, Parent and Rainbow FRC, Oxnard
- Educator of the Year (Pre-K – 8) – Traci Peplinski, SLP, Penfield School, Ventura
- Educator of the Year (Secondary/Post-Secondary) – Anita Morgan, Para-Educator, Simi Valley USD
- Educator of the Year (Integrated Classroom) – Sarah Files, Saticoy Elementary
- Service Provider of the Year (Children’s Services) – Katie Anawalt, SLP
- Service Provider of the Year (Adult Services) – Simi Oaks Day Treatment Center, Simi Valley
- Employer of the Year – Anne Phillips, Go Green Gardeners, Thousand Oaks
- Funding Partner of the Year – Lisa Fox, Early Start Service Coordinator, TCRC, Oxnard
- Community Member of the Year – Geri Gross, Parent and President of PAUSE4Kids
Distinguished Service Award will also be presented to Fran Arner-Costello (Retiring Director of Programs and Services, VCOE Selpa) for her 38 years of service in special education (26 years at Selpa!!)