TACA Conference Scholarships available!
For info on the conference click here.
Click the image on the left to open the scholarship application due by 8/1/15.
Aut2Run 2015 was Awesome!!! Thank you for your support! We sold out again with 2500 participants and we are incredibly thankful for your support which helped us reach our fundraising goals. Go to our event site for Race Results and Photos.
Watch the Camarillo CityScene TV interview, which ran in March 2015, featuring ASVC Board Members Jeremy Catama, Samuel Capozzi (assisted by mom Kathy), and Aut2Run Race Director Sharon Francis. Thanks guys for helping get the word out!
Past Events Sponsored by ASVC:
*Prepare for Your Autism Emergency held April 24, 2015 – Seminar with Brian Herritt for Emergency First Responders in the daytime and Families at night.
* Aut2Run 5K/10K/Fun-K annual event was a huge success! Thank you to CSU Channel Islands and their Disability Resources Program as our co-sponsor! It was held on the University campus on Sunday April 19, 2015. Thanks to all who came out to support us!
* Family Train Ride with Santa held on Dec. 6, 2014 – The kids and families had so much fun with Santa in Santa Paula!
* iCan Shine Bike Camp – Thank you to PV Rec and Park and CRPD for coordinating this wonderful opportunity that took place in July 2014 for kids to learn to ride 2 wheel bikes!
* Future Horizons / Temple Grandin Conference – Thank you to Future Horizons for organizing this great conference on April 25, 2014! ASVC had a booth at the event and we enjoyed hearing all the wonderful speakers, including Dr. Grandin.
2015 Awesome in Autism Awardees:
- Individual of the Year / Aut2Run Grand Marshall – Samuel Capozzi
- Parent of the Year – Joel and Janelle Bauer, VIP Soccer and Basketball
- Educator of the Year (Pre-K – 8) – Kim Kitchen, PVSD
- Educator of the Year (Secondary/Post-Secondary) – Brenda Sampson, CVUSD
- Educator of the Year (Integrated Classroom) – Tanya Narasaki, PVSD
- Service Provider of the Year (Children’s Services) – Susan Baukus, Transitions Support Group
- Service Provider of the Year (Adult Services) – Reid’s Gift
- Employer of the Year – Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Thousand Oaks
- Funding Partner of the Year – Tina Calderero-Mendoza, TCRC
- Community Member of the Year –Dr. Yazdan Alami, D.D.S., Oak Park Dentistry for Children