Past Events Sponsored by ASVC:
ASVC was pleased to sponsor the “Spectrum of Opportunity: Autism, Inclusion, and Communication” Conference at California Lutheran University on Saturday, March 19, 2016. Prior to the conference, there was also a screening of Wretches and Jabberers.
Thank you to CLU professor and autism researcher Edlyn Pena for all your work to put the conference together.
* 2015 Holiday Party at Camarillo’s Harley Bowl
* 2015 Summer Pool Party held Aug. 22, 2015 at the Ventura Aquatics Center
* Prepare for Your Autism Emergency held April 24, 2015 – Seminar with Brian Herritt for Emergency First Responders in the daytime and Families at night.
* Aut2Run 5K/10K/Fun-K annual event was a huge success! Thank you to CSU Channel Islands and their Disability Resources Program as our co-sponsor! It was held on the University campus on Sunday April 19, 2015. Thanks to all who came out to support us!
* Family Train Ride with Santa held on Dec. 6, 2014 – The kids and families had so much fun with Santa in Santa Paula!
* iCan Shine Bike Camp – Thank you to PV Rec and Park and CRPD for coordinating this wonderful opportunity that took place in July 2014 for kids to learn to ride 2 wheel bikes!
* Future Horizons / Temple Grandin Conference – Thank you to Future Horizons for organizing this great conference on April 25, 2014! ASVC had a booth at the event and we enjoyed hearing all the wonderful speakers, including Dr. Grandin.
2015 Awesome in Autism Awardees:
- Individual of the Year / Aut2Run Grand Marshall – Samuel Capozzi
- Parent of the Year – Joel and Janelle Bauer, VIP Soccer and Basketball
- Educator of the Year (Pre-K – 8) – Kim Kitchen, PVSD
- Educator of the Year (Secondary/Post-Secondary) – Brenda Sampson, CVUSD
- Educator of the Year (Integrated Classroom) – Tanya Narasaki, PVSD
- Service Provider of the Year (Children’s Services) – Susan Baukus, Transitions Support Group
- Service Provider of the Year (Adult Services) – Reid’s Gift
- Employer of the Year – Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Thousand Oaks
- Funding Partner of the Year – Tina Calderero-Mendoza, TCRC
- Community Member of the Year –Dr. Yazdan Alami, D.D.S., Oak Park Dentistry for Children